Thursday, October 14, 2010

Where Do I Begin?

Should I Go This Way or Should I Go That Way?


Just to put it out there all links below come from Jstor.

1. Foreign Affairs
Vol. 76, No. 6 (Nov. - Dec., 1997), pp. 100-114
2. Social Forces
Vol. 81, No. 1 (Sep., 2002), pp. 231-254
3. International Migration Review
Vol. 4, No. 2 (Spring, 1970), pp. 22-43
4. Polity
Vol. 34, No. 1 (Autumn, 2001), pp. 89-105
       So Ladies and Gentlemen, this is the part I hate the most. The figuring out what to focus on. Puerto Rico is a country dear to me, its part of my culture, my homeland. As far back as I can Go links back to Puerto Rico. How can I pick just one? So yes, as you have guessed, I have yet to find a focal point I want to focus on, BUT I do know my general areas of search. As I roam through search engines, I find my self interest in Puerto Rico's "statehood" status. BUT until Im sure, its back to the drawing board!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Celeste - I think you've put your finger on it - that your next step is to focus your topic - you could look at the statehood/independence/commonwealth debate and any number of points in history. Or you could look at immigration, or the bombing of Vieques. When you've decided do the annotation so we know more about the sources you've chosen.

    ReplyDelete